The DOT Physical Exam is required to acquire a commercial drivers’ license (CDL).
This particular form of physical does include a urinalysis so please come hydrated and prepared to provide a specimen.
Please bring the following to complete your exam:
- A copy of your health history and immunizations for the doctor to review
- Eyeglasses, contacts, or hearing aids if you use them
- Recent lab results from their Hemoglobin A1C (HgAIC) and their blood sugar logs for those with diabetes
- A complete list of medications
We will then perform a Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination which follows strict guidelines mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). After completing the examination, the practitioner will present you with a Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
Qualifications to pass your DOT physical include:
- 20/40 vision in both eyes, with or without correcting lens or contacts
- Blood sugar must be below 200
- No history of addictive drug use
- Blood pressure under 140/90
- Ability to differentiate the colors on a stoplight
- Can hear a forced whisper from 5 feet away
- You must pass a stress test if you have a pre-existing heart condition
We can be found on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners provided by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If you’d like to schedule an appointment and take your next steps to become a commercially licensed driver, give us a call today!
Get in Touch
Do you have a question? Send us a message.