Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Bring photo identification
- Print and complete the patient forms that are pertinent to the services you are receiving. Pertinent forms are listed by type of service here.
- Bring (wear) your glasses or contacts if you wear corrective lenses of any kind for any purpose).
If your visit includes the following exams/components please prepare accordingly:
- Lifting test/PC-Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes.
- Blood work-Drink plenty of water the day of your visit, adequate hydration makes obtaining your sample easier.
- Respirator Fit Test-Be sure that any facial hair complies with OSHA regulations for respirator fit testing which state: “The test shall not be conducted if there is any hair growth between the skin and the face piece sealing surface, such as stubble beard growth, beard, mustache or sideburns which cross the respirator sealing surface. Any type of apparel which interferes with a satisfactory fit shall be altered or removed.”
What is involved with a pre-placement exam?
- Vital Signs (Blood Pressure, Pulse, Respiratory Rate, Temperature)
- Vision (near, far, peripheral, color)
- Hearing (as either a whisper test or audiogram if requested)
- Urine Dipstick (this is not a drug screen)
- Urine Drug Screen (if requested by your company)
- Physical Exam (this is performed by one of our Physicians to verify there are no health conditions that would limit your ability to safely do your job)
How long will my appointment take?
Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes appointments are required. Except for Drug & Alcohol tests.
Do you have staff that speak languages other than English?
Can I bring my children to my appointment?
These are websites you may find helpful.